Pages

Thursday 6 May 2021

Diary Entry

This is a diary entry I have written in response to a short animated movie we are studying for literature.



 As I open the closet of memories the sound of mysterious footsteps gotten closer as well as louder. I slowly but silently turned around when I saw a  girl that looked the same age as me looking at me. When all of a sudden she aggressively snatched the yellow umbrella, I stood there in complete silence. After I stood there for a few minutes I begged her to give it back as it reminds me of my father, the girl refused to. When the adults heard something up stairs they came to the dusty old attic. The window was open so the post cards flew across the room in time for the adults to catch it, when they caught it they read with disbelief on there face as I know what they read. I sat there with full sadness. My heart was full of despair also feeling unloved as well as overwhelmed it was showering upon me, hurting me physically. A single drop of grief welled up from the corner of my eye when all of a sudden the smell of the scarf I had inhaled, smelling my fathers scent that smelt such as fresh fruits. The streaming tears fall in slow motion hitting the blank dirty paper unlocking something about my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.